Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Medical Director to join our healthcare team at the Central New Mexico Correctional Facility located in Clayton, New Mexico.
The Medical Director serves as the responsible Physician and health authority required by national standards as well as provides overall supervision for clinical services for the site. The Medical Director serves as liaison for clinical matters with medical providers outside the system and is available to provide on-call services.
* Serve as Chairman of the Medical Audit Committee.
* Consult with medical providers in the community to resolve issues in delivering services to inmates.
* Supervise the clinical services provided by the professional and paraprofessional staff. Annually review and approve clinical protocols, policies and procedures, and medical disaster plan.
* Provides direction and assistance to the on-site quality assurance program including review and action on inmate complaints, and infection control.
* Monitor referrals to outside healthcare facilities for appropriateness, quality, and continuity of care.
* Sponsor physician assistants in compliance with the state law for correctional facilities. Serve as a professional resource for all physicians working at the facility(s).
* Assist in screening, interviewing and evaluating credentials of healthcare providers.
* Serve as discussion leader for selected in-service training classes. Represent the healthcare program in discussions with local civic groups or visiting officials. As requested, attend medical director's meetings at the Corizon central office. Attend Pharmacy Therapeutic Committee meetings and other meetings, as required.
* Fully licensed to practice medicine in New Mexico
* Current DEA registration.
* Preferable board certified or board eligible in primary care specialty (family practice, internal medicine or surgery) with administrative experience in corrections and/or managed healthcare delivery.
Apply online or contact Kelley Colvin at (800) 729-0069 Ext. 6768
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2VsbGV5LmNvbHZpbi42NzkzNy4zNTc3QGNvcml6b24uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t