Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Physician to join our healthcare team at Lansing Correctional Facility located in Lansing, Kansas.
Qualifications of a Corizon Health Physician
* Fully licensed to practice medicine in the state of Your State
* Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration
* Board-certified or board eligible in primary care specialty (family practice, internal medicine, surgery) required
* Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
Responsibilities of a Corizon Health Physician
Under supervision of the Site Medical Director, Corizon Health Physicians are an integral part of the medical team. Physicians are expected to take a leading role in delivery of healthcare services to our patients as well as responsibility for the supervision of the Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners.
* Visits the infirmary daily and documents encounters in patient's Medical Record as assigned. Ensures Medical Record documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented and corresponds to the therapeutic order. Ensures all documentation is timed, legible and signed. Ensures all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within seventy-two (72) hours.
* Adheres to approved formulary for therapeutic regimens before utilizing non-formulary procedure. Documents pertinent observations and logical conclusions to validate need for non-formulary medication on non-formulary request form for Medical Director's approval when non-formulary medication is ordered.
* Utilizes available in-house resource personnel for treatment or resolution of identified problems before utilizing off-site referral. Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
* Demonstrates proper technique for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and related drug therapy.
* Serves as a resource to other professional or non-professional personnel providing instructions as needed.
Benefits of a Corizon Health Physician
* 5 Weeks Paid Time Off
* No weekends or evenings
* Minimal on-call
* No overhead
* Medical & Dental
* Company matched retirement plan
* Continuing Medical Education allowance
* Paid malpractice
As the correctional healthcare pioneer and leader for 35+ years, Corizon Health provides client partners with high quality healthcare and reentry services that will improve the health and safety of our patients reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work.
Apply online or contact Kelley Colvin at (800) 729.0069 x6768.
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2VsbGV5LmNvbHZpbi45Mjg4OC4zNTc3QGNvcml6b24uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t