HEADLINE: NEW YORK (metro city; 1.2 plus million service area): One Non-Invasive cardiologist is needed to join a successful, very well-respected and well-established single-specialty group. This collegial and large practice has 10 cardiologists (including 7 Non-Invasive). They have 8 mid-level providers. General Weekday and Weekend Call: 1:5. They are affiliated with a major and very well-respected university. In addition, this group has been active in the area of clinical research for more than twenty years. They have an active Clinical Research Program with a dedicated research support staff. They are offering an excellent financial compensation package, including work RVU productivity incentive. $ There is very strong earning potential!
LOCATION: NEW YORK STATE (This is a metropolitan city with a 1.2 plus million service area. This city has a great deal to offer its residents. Some of its amenities include: a very reasonable cost of living, limited traffic, very close to an international airport, emerging downtown medical campus, diverse neighborhood settings, four seasons, historic architecture, beautiful waterfront, various and diverse recreational, art and cultural activities/entertainment, professional sports, international/multi-ethnic neighborhoods, dining activities, affordable housing costs, an excellent educational system -- both public and private, and much more!)
- Availability: The new Non-Invasive cardiologist will ideally be able to start during 2016.
- One Board Eligible/Board Certified Non-Invasive cardiologist is needed to join a successful, very collegial, and very well-respected single-specialty group. This busy, well-established and large single-specialty group has ten cardiologists, including seven Non-Invasive cardiologists.
- They also have a team of eight mid-level providers who assist their cardiologists with their office and hospital rounding responsibilities.
- Established in 1987, this excellent Non-Invasive opportunity is due to continued growth and expansion and meeting the needs of their very large patient service area.
- They are also in the process of hiring an additional interventional cardiologist.
- Desired Clinical Cardiology Skills: This practice wants and needs to recruit one Non-Invasive cardiologist. However, if she or he has diagnostic cath skills and wants to continue to perform diagnostic cath, the volume would be very low.
- They are seeking a Non-Invasive cardiologist with some of the following skills:
- Comfortable seeing many patients in the cardiovascular clinic.
- Performing and providing cardiology consultations in both the office and hospital settings
- Hospital rounding
- Performing Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE) is a plus but is not required.
- Echocardiography skills
- Stress Echo skills
- Nuclear Cardiology: If the individual has nuclear skills and wants to read nuclear scans, there is an opportunity do so. However, having training and licensure in nuclear medicine is helpful but is not a requirement. They also have three nuclear medicine cameras.
- Heart Failure: A big plus, but is not a requirement, is that the new cardiologist has knowledge, interest, training and/or certification in Heart Failure. They have their own Heart Failure Clinic.
- Peripheral Vascular Non-Invasive Imaging training and skills: The ability to perform non-invasive imaging skills -- Carotid Ultrasound, Carotid Doppler, Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, etc. -- are all very desirable but are not a requirement. This busy group has peripheral vascular labs in several of their offices. In addition, four of their cardiologists perform Non-Invasive Peripheral Vascular Ultrasound studies.
- General Call for both weekdays and weekends: The anticipated call for both weekdays and weekends will be 1:5. (The call is divided between two call groups, which will be explained.)
- They have a total of four offices. However, the new Non-Invasive cardiologist may typically be required to work at two of their offices.
- Their medical offices are typically eight to ten miles apart from each other and typically the same distance to the hospitals that they would need to cover.
- This practice has admitting privileges at two hospitals. One of the admitting hospitals is a major acute-care medical center with a highly successful EP, PCI and open-heart surgery program.
- This premier group enjoys a strong referral base from cardiologists and other physicians outside of their practice.
- This solid and very stable practice is affiliated with a major and very well-respected university.
- In addition, this group has been active in the area of clinical research for more than twenty years. They have an active Clinical Research Program with a dedicated research support staff. They utilize their own cardiologists as primary and sub-investigators, and conduct hospital trials from two institutions.
FINANCIAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE:
- They are offering a very competitive base salary.
- They also have in place a productivity incentive program. It is based on work RVUs.
- They are offering a sign-on bonus.
- Generous relocation allowance provided.
- They also provide a complete fringe benefits package which includes, but is not limited to: malpractice insurance, health insurance, 401K and/or profit sharing plan, disability insurance, 4 weeks paid vacation per calendar year, and 1 week of paid CME for first year of employment.
- The earning potential is excellent/very strong due to their fair productivity incentive work RVU formula!
Ms. Judy Anapol
Anapol Enterprises, LLC
200 East 33rd Street
New York, NY 10016-4827
800-388-6478 (Day and evening)
New York residents: 212-545-7660 (Day and evening)
Fax: Please call first.