HEADLINE: NEW YORK (metro city; 1.2 plus million service area): Interventional cardiologist is needed to join a collegial and very well-respected single-specialty group with 10 cardiologists and 8 mid-level providers. Peripheral Vascular Angioplasty skills are a big plus but not required. High PTCA and diagnostic cath volume. Interventional call is not required. General Call: 1:5. They are affiliated with a major and very well-respected university. In addition, this group has been active in the area of clinical research for more than twenty years. They have an active Clinical Research Program with a dedicated research support staff. They are offering an excellent financial compensation package, including work RVU productivity incentive. $ There is very strong earning potential.
LOCATION: NEW YORK STATE (This is a metropolitan city with a 1.2 plus million service area. This city has a great deal to offer its residents. Some of its amenities include: a very reasonable cost of living, limited traffic, very close to an international airport, emerging downtown medical campus, diverse neighborhood settings, four seasons, historic architecture, beautiful waterfront, various and diverse recreational, art and cultural activities/entertainment, professional sports, international/multi-ethnic neighborhoods, dining activities, affordable housing costs, an excellent educational system -- both public and private, and much more!)
- Availability: The new interventional cardiologist will ideally be able to start during 2016.
- A Board Eligible/Board Certified interventional cardiologist is needed to join a successful, very collegial, and very well-respected single-specialty group. Established in 1987, this busy, well-established and large single-specialty group has 10 cardiologists, including two interventional cardiologists.
- They also have a team of eight mid-level providers who assist their cardiologists with their office and hospital rounding responsibilities.
- This practice is also in the process of recruiting an additional Non-Invasive cardiologist.
- The new interventional cardiologist can look forward to doing a high volume of coronary angioplasty. She or he will spend several days per week in the cath lab.
- There is the potential to perform a high volume of diagnostic caths per year.
- Peripheral Vascular Angioplasty procedures: This practice has both a great need and a support system in place for the new interventional cardiologist to also perform peripheral vascular interventional procedures. This group is currently referring out about 75 to 150 of their peripheral interventional cases because none of their cardiologists are trained to do this procedure. If the new interventional cardiologist is both trained and has the desire to also do carotid stenting, there is also opportunity to do them as well. However, performing peripheral vascular angioplasty procedures are a big plus and desirable skills, but they are not required.
- They have a peripheral vascular lab at one of their hospitals. In addition, two of their cardiologists perform Non-Invasive Peripheral Vascular Doppler Ultrasound studies. One of the four cardiologists is also RPVI certified.
- This excellent interventional and peripheral opportunity is because this practice wants to add to their cardiac interventional team.
- Call schedule for both weekdays and weekends: Interventional call is not a requirement. (This will be explained.) The weekend and weekday general call schedule will be 1:5. The call is divided between two call groups, which will also be explained.
- They have a total of four offices. However, the new interventional cardiologist will required to work at two of their offices. Their medical offices are typically eight to ten miles apart from each other, and also eight to ten miles from the two hospitals that they would need to admit to.
- This practice has admitting privileges at two hospitals. However, the new interventional cardiologist will perform procedures at one medical center.
- This premier group enjoys a strong referral base from cardiologists and other physicians outside of their practice.
- This solid and very stable practice is affiliated with a major and very well-respected university.
- In addition, this group has been active in the area of clinical research for more than twenty years. They have an active Clinical Research Program with a dedicated research support staff. They utilize their own cardiologists as primary and sub-investigators, and conduct hospital trials from two institutions.
FINANCIAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE:
- They are offering a very competitive base salary.
- They also have in place a productivity incentive program. It is based on work RVUs.
- They are offering a sign-on bonus.
- Generous relocation allowance provided.
- They also provide a complete fringe benefits package which includes, but is not limited to: malpractice insurance, health insurance, 401K and/or profit sharing plan, disability insurance, 4 weeks paid vacation per calendar year, and 1 week of paid CME for first year of employment.
- The earning potential is excellent/very strong due to their fair productivity incentive work RVU formula!
Ms. Judy Anapol
Anapol Enterprises, LLC
200 East 33rd Street
New York, NY 10016-4827
800-388-6478 (Day and evening)
New York residents: 212-545-7660 (Day and evening)
Fax: Please call first.