Southern Illinois University School of Medicine (SIU SOM)
Breast Surgeon Opening
- Join the Department of Surgery in the Division of General Surgery. Reporting to the Chair of General Surgery and Director of the Breast Oncology Program.
- Provide expert consultative/diagnostic service and surgical procedures in breast disease
- Act as a liaison between the oncology program; Division of General Surgery; and local, regional, and national cancer care organizations such as the American Cancer Society.
- Participate in and/or oversee educational programs, tumor boards and multidisciplinary conferences for medical students, resident physicians, fellows as well as oncologic and surgical colleagues and healthcare providers.
- Enjoy a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and University funded malpractice plan.
- Springfield offers family oriented communities, excellent schools and affordable housing.
- Easy access to metropolitan amenities in Chicago and St. Louis.
The Department of Surgery and Division of General Surgery is committed to the mission of the School of Medicine to assist the people of central and southern Illinois in meeting their health care needs through education, patient care, research and service to the community. Founded in 1970, SIU SOM has received national and international recognition for innovation in medical education and offers a welcoming environment for dedicated clinicians who love to teach. Memorial Medical Center and St. John’s Hospital, both 500-bed community hospitals, serve the community and are teaching sites for SIU SOM. Both hospital partners are designated as Academic Comprehensive Cancer Centers. In May 2015, Memorial Medical Center opened the new Memorial Center for Learning and Innovation, expanding SIU’s vision to be a national leader for excellence in healthcare learning and innovation through skills training and surgical simulation.
The Simmons Cancer Institute at SIU opened July 2010; spans 63,000 square feet; and serves the people of central and southern Illinois and throughout the world to address their present and future cancer care needs through a comprehensive approach of education, research and patient services. Simmons Cancer Institute at SIU is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, and practices a team approach to multidisciplinary cancer treatment with surgeons, radiologists, oncologists, genetic counselors, therapists, nurses and medical staff meeting together to decide the best treatment plan.
Qualifications: Must be board certified in General Surgery. Fellowship trained in Breast Surgery preferred. Will consider a skilled general surgeon with established breast surgery experience. Licensed or eligible for licensure to practice medicine in the state of Illinois. Excellent skills in interpersonal relationships, collaboration, and program development are essential.
EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/DisabledFor additional information, please contact:
Director of Recruitment
Click to contact