Our client seeks a primary care physician to lead a new and innovative outpatient clinic serving the members of a large self -funded health plan in Las Vegas, Nevada. This is an ideal opportunity for a candidate seeking to join a fast growing and cutting edge healthcare provider focused on improving health outcomes rather than high production. Opportunity for advancement and ongoing professional growth as this client expands throughout the West.
The Medical Director is responsible for the clinical delivery system of health care and for guiding the practice of medicine. The Director will have responsibility for 10 providers, physicians and extenders, covering 40,000 covered lives with growth expected to as many as 120,000 patients in the near future.
- This is a leadership position with a part time clinical role
- $250,000 to $275,000 base salary, plus bonus
- Benefits include malpractice, health/dental, paid vacation, CME & retirement
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBLITLIES/FUNCTIONS:
- Develop roles, coordinate care and supervise physicians and physician extenders
- Develop, deliver and direct customer care within the expected guidelines and the scope of privileges approved
- Communicate effectively with all providers, clinicians, staff, customers and their families
- Consult and coordinate with health care providers within the organization and within the community
- Work with all other staff in the organization as a member of the entire health care delivery system
- Develop and implement a quality assurance program
- Help with sales efforts and customer relations by understanding their needs and bringing a professional medical perspective to bear during presentations and meetings as appropriate
- Current American Board Certification within primary care
- Current Valid Medical License
- 3 – 5 years of supervisory experience
- 5 – 7 years of experience as a board certified MD or DO
- Meets all requirements in order to obtain medical staff privileges
- Continual Medical Education to meet organizational and state licensing guidelines
- ACLS, BLS, NRP, ATLS, ALSO and PALS as required for specialty
Please contact me to learn more.