The Department of Cardiovascular Sciences at East Carolina University's Brody School of Medicine is seeking a board certified or board eligible Electrophysiologist. The successful candidate will join a well-established program and provide EP services at the junior faculty level. Minimum 2 years experience required.
Job Highlights Include:
• Academic employment
• Well established EP team with 3 physicians
• Fixed term or tenure track faculty appointment options
• Clinical responsibilities will include inpatient and outpatient services including EP device therapy, a-fib ablation, complex ablation, and mapping
• Teaching and clinical research to patients and students at the East Carolina University Brody School of Medicine, The East Carolina Heart Institute, and Vidant Medical Center
• Hospital privileges at Vidant Medical Center, a 902 bed and Level 1 trauma center
• Inpatient facilities include a state of the art 6-Story 120-bed heart institute
• 29-county service area with large referral network
The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in NC.
Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is a 909-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,220) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheater
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.