The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at The Brody School of Medicine is currently seeking a Transfusion Medicine Pathologist for a fixed term faculty position at the level of Assistant or Associate Professor.
- Provide clinical service responsibilities as well as participate in medical student/resident education and clinical research
- The department has a pathology resident program and fellowships in surgical pathology, cytopathology and forensics.
- Rank and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- MD, MBBS or DO degree from an accredited institution
- Board eligible or board certified in Clinical Pathology or combined Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology
- Board eligible or certified in Transfusion Medicine
- Ability to obtain a license to practice medicine in North Carolina
- Qualify for a faculty appointment as East Carolina University
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a 900-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,220) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheater
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
CME Days & Reimbursement
Malpractice (with tail)
Sorry, this is NOT an opportunity for Search Firm recruiters.